The small town on the banks of the Reuss, which can already be found in documents from the 12th century, managed to preserve its medieval and baroque architectural heritage intact to a truly astonishing extent.
Bremgarten is clearly divided into a high town (east), and a low town (west). The Spittelturm of Albrecht Murer (1556-59) with its significant heraldic table, the Hexenturm (witch's tower) from the 14th century and the Hermansturm (Herman's tower) from 1407 have been preserved. Late Gothic church of St. Nicholas with two naves, already mentioned in the 13th century. The north aisle was added in the 15th century, while the choir dates from the end of the 14th century. St. Anne's Chapel from 1487 (lengthened in 1645-46), today baptistery. Original canopy reliquary with a group depicting the Garden of Olives and reliefs of the Passion by Gregor Allhelg (1646). Chapel of Our Lady (Muttergotteskapelle). Built at the beginning of the 15th century, baroque in 1757, it contains a cycle of late Gothic frescoes discovered in 1957-58. Rococo altar with Madonna by Johann Baptist Babel (1767). Chapel of St. Clare, ancient convent of Sisters (suppressed in 1798). Early Baroque hall church by Hieronymus Kuster (1625) and Kilian Stauffer (1687-88). Late Renaissance high altar from 1627. Church of the former Capuchin monastery, monumental complex on the left bank of the Reuss. Church of Viktor Martin (1618-21) with late-baroque interior decoration. Since 1889, the monastery has been home to a welfare institution for lymph children. Old Muri-Amtshof, late-Gothic masonry building with rich interior decoration and scaled gables (16th century); at the end of the 19th century it was extended with neo-Gothic solutions; private property. The so-called Schlössli is an early baroque bourgeois house with rich furnishings (approx. 1640). Bridge over the Reuss. Wooden bridge (restored 1953-57) on four masonry pillars from 1544-49; two chapels on the third pillar.